Brussels is the capital of Europe, not only because of the presence of European Institutions, but also because of the NATO Headquartes, the Cornerstone of strategic alliance between the EU and the United States and the reference point of the Euro-Mediterranean security.
During this Study Mission, we will give voice to the key players of this reality, offering participants opportunities to meet high level personalities: politicians, diplomats, representatives of institutions and private companies.
The project will help students to understand the importance of the Institutions currently present in Brussels and will orient participants to elaborate analysis and perspectives on different topics.
The main goal of the project is:
- throught meetings with EU bureaucrats, NATO officials diplomats, as well as actors representing private interests, to allow participants to open their minds and get a first-hand experience;
- throught the simulation game of the European Parliament, to widen their knowledge of the functioning of the main European Institutions thanks to a direct experience of the EU ordinary legislative procedure.
University students and recent graduates will gather to Exchange their ideas and to build a network of young professionals with a strong awareness of European values.
The structure of the WiP – Study Mission is divided into 3 parts:
- a webinar course, organized in 4 lessons (October 2019), held by experts, specialized in European Union and Security issues;
- Brussels: 1 day of simulation of the European Parliament in plenary session;
- Brussels: 3 days of meetings with European Institutions and International Organizations representatives, Diplomats, Managers, Professors and Opinion Makers.
What is included in the participation fee?
- Preparatory course
- Hotel stay
- Simulation game
- All meetings and activities listed in the itinerary
- Certification of participation
What is not included in the participation fee?
- Round-trip airfare to/from Brussels
- Lunches and dinners
- Museum fees
- Airport-hotel transfers and short city transfer
The goal of eastwest European Institute is to involve students, selected on merit, providing them with specialized training, finalized to a career in diplomacy, international affairs, advocacy and international business.
EWEI offers scholarship credit incentives to the most competitive participants of the Wip – Study Mission Brussels program.
Scholarship credits will be awarded based on the following criteria:
- Previous participation to an EWEI or Associazione Diplomatici course;
- University grade point average of 27/30 or equivalent;
- Interview on general knowledge of International relations;
- English language at C1 level;
- Single – income family.
It will not be asked any documents to prove the indicated criteria, but we will count on the responsible statements of the candidates.
The Institute will eventually ask for certificates only randomly.
Within 48 hours from the interview, candidates who pass this phase of the application process will receive:
- confirmation of the success of their application
- indication of the moneraty value of any scholarship credit awarded
- additional instructions to complete the enrollment process.
How to participate
To participate to the WiP – Study Mission, candidates must successfully pass a selection interview. Selection criteria will include the candidate’s motivation to participate in the program, their interest in international relations and a good level of English.
Interview results will be communicated to the applicants within 48 hours.
Candidates who successfully pass the interview will receive the Wip – Study Mission Service Contract via the email address indicated on their application form.
The WiP – Study Mission Service Contract, which shall be completed and signed by the selected party, must be return within 72 hours of receipt, together with proof of payment by wire transfer of a € 250 down payment to guarantee the participation.
This down payment of € 250 will be subtracted from the balance still to be paid by the participant.
Wire transfers should be sent according to the following instructions:
UNICREDIT Bank S.p.A. – account number: IBAN IT 23 T 0200 8032 92000104987144
- Beneficiary: “European Diplomacy” (the operative company of the EWEI Institute)
- Transfer Funds for: “First and Last Name of the participant, Down payment WiP Brussels 2019“
- Proof of Wire Transfer sent to firstname.lastname@example.org